Sunday, November 15, 2009

Back on the bike



Today I thought I'd try my road bike out on the trainer. I had gotten a big fat seat to try and make it as comfy as possible and it actually worked quite well. I was able to ride for about 20 minutes at the end of which I was tired, sore, and sucking for air, but it felt great to be riding again. Over the past few weeks I have continued to improve at walking with one crutch and without my left leg brace. Last week the doctor and I decided to try taking my pain medication down another small amount. It hasn't effected my sitting tolerance much although I did experience some withdrawal early in the week. Nothing too major just some shakes and a few restless nights. I think that's about it for my news for now. Thanks for continuing to check up on me and for the prayers.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look GREAT Robert!!! For us on lookers you have come so far...Thanks for the pictures and the update...We continue to be with you in Prayer..hey how is the driving coming?
Hugs the Forbes :)

Anonymous said...

You're looking great Robert!! You'll soon have those thigh muscles huge and rock hard. It's exciting to see how much progress you're making.
Love, Aunt Jan

Anonymous said...

Hey Robert - wonderful to see you. We have been getting updates from Denise. It is very encouraging to hear and see now how you are doing. Stick with it. Keep praying - we are. Love to your Mom and Dad. Ken and Sandra

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is so neat to see you back on that bike. Bet it felt good to be riding again, eh! We are so happy to hear that you are doing so much better. Thanks again for the updates. Love and prayers continue from the Gilmores.

Anonymous said...

Hi Robert, Larry K here. Now I would just like to know who you were really routing for in the Grey Cup? Wink, wink. :) You keep this up and you won't need training. If we don't see any posts before Christmas, Merry Christmas to you and the rest of the family, especially that follically challenged goofy lookin' dad of yours! Love and Prayers, Judy and Larry PS tell your Mom we are going to be GP's again in April. Yippy!

Anonymous said...

Hey Robert....I weep with joy seeing how much God's healing love is upon you. It is wonderful to look at the pictures of you...I thank God for your testimony of strength, it helps me have courage.

Withdrawal is no picnic...I am releaved to hear it was that brief a period because 1 moment can feel like days!

Continued peace and great joy to you and all your loved ones during this time we choose to celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus.

I trust that your trip home to the Fort went well....prayerfully, d.m.

Olive Tree said...

Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!