Friday, June 26, 2009

Two weeks Later

Hey there. Well It's been two weeks now since the injection. This Is how long the doctors said it should take for the steroid they put in to be fully active. It has made some difference and I am able to sit some what comfortably for around 50 minutes. There is still quite a bit of pain and discomfort but it is still nice to be able to sit a little longer. In some areas it now seems that there is new pain. I think what is really happening is that I just hadn't noticed the pain in these areas because of the worse pain in the spot they put the injection. I had talked with the orthopedic doctor last week and she was going to be consulting with the spinal guy and looking at the ct. scans and taking the info from the injections to come up with a plan for what's next. Hopefully she'll be getting back to me soon with an update. Anyways thats about all thats new with me lately. Thank-you for continuing to follow along with my progress and for the encouragement you all provide.

Robert

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear that your able to sit for 50 minutes without to much pain. That's a blessing! Sorry to hear about the new pain that your feeling. I'm hoping to get down to visit you and your family in August. I'm taking holidays at the end of August to go visit Colin and Serena with mom and dad. I'll try to stop by sometime then if I get time during holidays.
Take care. Michael Gilmore

Anonymous said...

Still praying for you everyday Robert.
Nil

gg said...

Good to hear that the medication finally kicked in, hope the ortho doc can come up with more ideas to solve this pain issue. Wouldn't that be wonderful. Was great to visit with you and your mom while we were in PG, wish we could have had more time and gotten together one more time. Anyway say hi to your folks and know that we continue to pray for you daily. Praying for good things to happen, ya!!
Take care . . . glenys